Saturday, June 23, 2007

My evening...

went like this...
We decided really late that we would make a trip to two stores in Clearwater (Tyler needs a new suit and I need to get fitted for a bridesmaids dress; this is the only place that has both stores). Tyler was trying to help, so he put the kids in the shower. While he was taking care of them, I tried to get the dishes put in the dishwasher (Warren loves to climb in the dishwasher so I try to do this when he isn't around). In putting the dishes in, I knocked over a dish with chocolate cake onto my newly mopped floor. I cleaned it up and continued to get ready. It was my turn for a shower so I got Benjamin some apple juice and proceeded to get ready. I thought I closed the fridge door, but obviously not. Warren made his way to Tyler on the couch a little bit later and then I heard, "Need some help here." Warren (newly showered and clothed) had gotten into a tub of honey mustard and bit through it to eat and get it all over him. While this is going on I had asked Tyler to check and see when the store we were going to was going to close. Of course, it closed at 6 pm on Saturday (10 minutes til 6 then). Scratch that idea. We were also going to get Tyler a suit (we are going on a cruise the end of July and he has lost a lot of weight). He had a coupon that needs to be used before it expires. He looked up another store in Sarasota (and checked the hours) and we headed out. Warren was starving by now (Tyler was feeding him graham crackers to keep him happy), so we decided something quick for dinner, Chick-fil-a it was. We got our food and got everyone fed. Benjamin wanted to go out to the playground, so Tyler took him out. I finished with Warren and then we proceeded outside. As I walked out, Benjamin frantically said, "I need to go poopy on the potty." I gave Tyler Warren and then scooped up Benjamin and off we went. I pulled down his pants and the inevitable had already happened (it was soooooo much worse than this, but I think I can spare you the details). Now usually we don't have this problem. In fact, this was our first accident in public. That stated, I didn't have any change of clothes for him. His shorts were salvageable so we did the best we could. I got him cleaned up and put back together. What is it with 3 year olds and having to touch EVERYTHING!!! I think he touched every square inch of that bathroom! Yuck. I got us all ready. I didn't have enough hands for everything so I put the diaper bag on my shoulder, iced tea in my purse, purse on the shoulder. Warren on hip. Tyler set, Ben set and gave open fruit cup to Ben (I had messed up the lid during dinner). We went back in and waited in line for a lid for the fruit and to turn in his book for an ice cream cone. As we are patiently waiting, Ben is eating the fruit. The next thing I knew he dropped ALL the fruit and the cup on the floor. The great worker came immediately, while I am on the floor trying to pick it all up, to clean it up. He said for us just to get another one. Wow, they were really great about the whole thing. Well, we were finally on our way out of there and then I looked down at my purse, Yes, the iced tea spilled in my purse. Great! We all loaded up and the ice cream cone got eaten without a mess (I am not sure how this happened). Tyler offered for us just to scrap his trip to get a suit, but after all this effort I was NOT turning back now! We continued on. Only to find out that they close at 6 pm on Saturday. Gates and all across the window. We continued on to Whole Foods just to make the trip worth while. I was able to redeem myself and get some needed staples (love that store). Benjamin was horrible in the store and ended up getting punished afterwards. But the boys did get a yogurt out of the deal too. We came back home and now the kids are in bed. I am tired; I need a break!!!

No comments: