My mom (who flies quite often, hmmm, I wonder why:) ) found this article on one of her recent flights with Southwest (our favorite airlines, by the way). It is a very cool article on what to do with you kids before they grow up! Check it out for the entire article.
Here are some of my favorites...
2. Destroy a toaster. Next time you replace an appliance, give the old model to your kid. Together, you can dissect the machine and examine its parts. Don’t know much about circuitry? Howstuffworks.com offers a primer.
13. Go guerrilla. Commit random, anonymous acts of kindness with your child, like leaving flowers in mailboxes, shoveling your neighbor’s driveway after a hard snow, or clapping in public.
36. Make mud pies. Just combine dirt and water.
45. Bottle up lightning bugs. If you live west of Kansas, you’ll want to travel east to nab Photuris pyralis. We just did this one this past weekend in TN!!!
56. Play with shadows. Start with the flying bird. Then work your way up to the art of Raymond Crowe. (Search YouTube for ‘hand shadow’ and enjoy the master’s wonderful world.)