Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Rough Night

Before the surgery yesterday...

I knew that I probably wouldn't get much sleep last night, so it was good that I was prepared! Tyler went to bed around 9pm and woke up around 1 am because the ice circulating machine was out of ice. I gave him some pain medicine and filled up the ice machine. He woke up around 4:30 am for more ice again. At this point we were out of ice; the machine takes about a half of our ice makers ice per fill up. Therefore, I got Tyler settled, more pain medicine, and I ran out to our neighborhood gas station to get some ice. I finally got back to bed and then we were up at 8 am with Benjamin.

Tyler had his follow up appointment this morning. Dr Yi was very impressed with how the surgery went. He unwrapped his knee so we got our first look at it and also took out the drain. It doesn't look bad at all- three VERY small incisions for the arthroscopic surgery, and then about a 2 1/2 inch incision just below his knee. He will have the staples taken out during his next appt on Monday. The doctor ordered another machine for Tyler- it will move his leg/knee for him (Bayfront will come and set this one up hopefully today). He also will start therapy tomorrow morning (it's going to be another early one- we have to be there by 7:30am). He has been really good today. I was very impressed that he got up and around so well. He is in quite a bit of pain, but considering what has happened in the last 24 hours, I think he is doing remarkable!

My mom comes in with Warren tonight, late! Now I will have someone else to take care of the boys. My dad come in Friday night. Thank you Tennesse family for keeping Warren this week!!!

No comments: