Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Funny Story and Recent Pics

For those of you that don't know, Tyler and I have been taking a parenting class every Monday night, Growing Kids God's Way. We have been getting a ton out of it and trying to implement most of what we have learned with how to raise our two boys. One of the big principles is telling the child the "moral reason why" to help them understand why and how we do things in our lives. With Benjamin I have been stating, "in God's book, it says... (children obey your parents, do not harden your face to instruction, etc.)". So that leads me up to last night. The kids were in the bath tub and I was trying to straighten their rooms which is on either side of the bathroom. Warren had just had a poopy diaper right before bath time. So I made a point to tell the kids- "Don't drink the water!" I am straightening up and I hear, "Warren, in God's book it says, don't drink the water. Right, Mom?" Well, I guess it's working- somewhat!

I have been using my Sneaky Chef cookbook a lot lately. Yesterday we had VERY yummy Cocoa Chocolate Chip Pancakes- they had blueberries, spinach, flax seed, and whole wheat flour! And the kids LOVED them! Not too bad. Today, we tried Green Eggs- full serving of spinach juice! At first, Benjamin refused to eat them; he knew they were going to be served for b-fast today. Then he gobbled them up! Two plates and when it was done, not a drop left on his plate. Here's some pics of "Green Eggs-" the ham was the first to go. *the recipe only calls for 2 whole eggs. My kids usually eat 3 eggs between the two of them so I added the extra egg. The green color wasn't as vibrant because of this fact.*

Ben loving his eggs.
We had more work done on our spare bedroom the other day and had to take all the linens off the Murphy bed. They were still in the floor and Warren found them. He wanted to go Night-Night. He NEVER voluntarily lays down to go to sleep!

Lots going on here. Yesterday, I got the rest of my curtains/window treatments installed! Yea! Just too 8 hours for 4 rooms :( Yuck. And it's Benjamin's turn to go to the doctor's office today. Same old cold stuff. Tomorrow I have my last MOPS meeting of the year and I am giving a baby shower for my sister in law, Natalie! Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys are precious. Can't wait to see you all sometime when you are in Tennessee.
Love you all,
Lisa