Makes 4-6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 1 hour
8 oz uncooked rigatoni
1 T. olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
1 (14.5 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded mozzarella
1. Prepare rigatoni according to package directions (I cook until al dente).
2. Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
3. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl and set aside.
4. Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
5. Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture
into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake covered at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
I used Barilla Plus Pasta; it is a great way to get some healthy stuff in your family without them knowing it! I also love using Nature’s Seasoning (an all seasoning mix) instead of salt and pepper. It gives it something extra. I made this a couple of weeks ago while my mom was still here. I took some over to Orlando for my sister, her husband, and my mom. We didn't get to eat it, so they saved it for later. She called tonight to tell me (again) how much she enjoyed it! Enjoy!