Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yummy, Yummy!

I have been reading a new blog for a couple of weeks, The Pioneer Woman Cooks. She has some great ideas and yummy sounding recipes. Yesterday I decided to try a simple recipe from her site, Yogurt Cream and Berries. You take plain, nonfat yogurt and whisk in heavy cream- yum. Then you sprinkle brown sugar on top and let it sit for a little bit, yummy. Then take it out of the fridge and whisk it again. Next, pour some over your bowl of berries, yum, yum, yum! This was my breakfast this morning!!! So easy to do; try it!

I also made some homemade vanilla bean ice cream for dessert last night. This was my first time really trying out my Kitchen aid mixer attachment ice cream maker. It was lots of work to make the actual ice cream/custard mixture but was VERY easy to make the ice cream itself. Here's the recipe I used from Williams Sonoma. It was SUPER delicious and very rich! I was very proud of how my first, ever, batch of homemade ice cream came out!

No comments: