Thursday, February 4, 2010

Manatees

We love going to Apollo Beach to the Manatee Viewing Center. It's totally free and so neat to be able to see all the manatees from November to April. We have learned that the water temperature has to drop below a certain level to be able to draw the manatees to the warmer water coming out of the TECO plant. A couple of weeks ago, I took the boys up to see the manatees. It was freezing, literally, here in FL so I thought there should be tons of manatees. Yes, I was right, but I couldn't get them with the camera. We did see tons of spotted eagle rays. Again, couldn't get them with the camera. They love to jump (like 5 ft out of the water). It is so cool to see them!

Cold and dreary day in Sunny FL!

If you click on this picture you might be able to see the little dots in the water. Those are the manatees.

Here's the only picture I got of a tail before he went down!

No comments: