Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 1: Warrior Prayers for Sons

Today is the first day of the Prayer Challenge for our Sons. I'm really excited (and nervous) to see what God has in store for my sons through this challenge. I will be praying 10 times a day for the next 21 days. First up, is a heart change.


When you have a good heart and you go through trials and tribulations, usually good stuff is going to come out. But when you have a bad heart and you go through those tough times, usually bad stuff comes out. I don't want my boys to have bad hearts. I want them to have good hearts, kind hearts, godly hearts. Ultimately the most fundament thing we can ask God for is a heart change for our boys. Therefore, today we are starting the challenge with praying for those heart changes for our sons. I love how Brooke, who wrote the book Warrior Prayers for Sons, tells us to go to war and pray for our sons...

"you can choose right now to go to war for your sons’ hearts. It’s never too late.
Contrary to popular belief, the battle won’t be won by reading and implementing the best parenting techniques. It won’t be won through late night talks, lectures on right and wrong, or even committing to a Bible-preaching church. These things are all part of the equation, but they don’t trump the most important piece of the fight.

Prayer. This battle is best fought on your knees."

So today, I will be on my knees, praying for a heart change for my sons.

It's not too late to join! If you are interested head over to Brooke's Website to sign up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.