Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The time we went to Gatlinburg

While Tyler was in the Caymans I took the boys to get some pictures made... in Gatlinburg. Yes, I know, random. Backstory- we were at Carson-Newman we met a delightful family from that area. One of their daughters was the photographer we used.

Ashley (our nanny/helper) went with me to help. We drove up on Friday. Saturday morning we got up and went to the Old Mill for breakfast. Carson loved looking out the window. The boys and I liked eating these spiced muffins!

When we were done with breakfast, it was time to get dressed for pictures. We all went back to the car to get our stuff. Ben had forgotten his glasses, so Ashley was going to go back to our cabin and get them. Incase she didn't make it back in time, I was going to stay there with the kids. We got everyone ready. I pulled up the GPS to show her where to go and closed the door. Then, Ashley went to get into the car on the driver's side and the door was locked- with the car running. No way to get in. Great.

Fast forward 2 hours, a lock smith came and let us in. The boys got ice cream. Pictures got made (minus glasses). And then we went back for a nap.


It was the weekend of the Tennessee- Florida Game. Everyone was decked out including Food City!

 That afternoon we went to the Aquarium. I love this aquarium. It's the best.










We ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and had a great server. They ate a ton and had dessert. Such a special trip with my boys!

The next morning we got up and went to the Pancake Pantry. I have very fond memories of going there as a child. I want the same for my kids too!

And last, but not least, we went to the Titanic exhibit. Ben's favorite thing right now is the Titanic. He LOVES anything Titanic. This was such a special treat for him. No pictures were allowed inside so we had to get one outside. We just didn't get to spend enough time in there with a 2 year old running around. 

No comments: